Thursday, February 5, 2009

January Afternoon at Reyes' Barbeque...

Hi!

I'm back with a series of gastrocriticism that I hope you would enjoy. Actually, this has been delayed due to the busy hours of meeting deadlines and finishing projects. Add to that other priorities... so you get the picture. hehehe

Anyways, we went to SM Clark last month for an errand and my wife asked if we could try Reyes Barbeque. She told me that she once had lunch with her officemates when they went to Subic for a meeting. I asked if there were initial feedback that I could base my would be comment once we take our lunch. It was half and half: Half said it was good/delightful and the other Half said, it was ordinary. I guess it's my turn on the plate....

We ordered: Pork Barbeque Meal and Barbeque Liempo Meal.




I need not separate my comments for both meals. It is true that the Qs are ordinary.... well, for a grill house who knows how to char. The meat were still juicy although they were cooked well. There were no extra flavorings nor special marinades done to distinguish it from the rest (I would still prefer the Pork BBQ sold by Mrs Garcia over this pricey produce) so I guess that's the reason why half of my wife's friends said it was not to be awed.

But I did tasted something different.... the sauce included in the order was something reminiscent of Jojo's BBQ of the late 80s or early 90's. It was tasty and sweet. Has a peanut flavor in it, which to my wife's surprise I said.. "Hmmmm... alam ko to ah.... parang peanut sauce na hinalo sa korean barbeque".

I suddenly flash backed to elementary years when we would stop over Jojo's in San Fernando after a trip to Manila or Antipolo. I would pour the sauce on top of the similar java rice that Reyes served. Nostalgia....

I smiled.... I was happy.

Now I know why the other half said it was good.... Maybe they have the same childhood experience.

1 comment:

rachelle said...

Hi,
My name is Rachelle, I am working at streetdirectory.com Singapore.
We are currently giving away a free Webpage in PH (particularly for Restaurants/food chains).
May I ask permission to use your photos? Your blog's URL (eatpinoyfood.blogspot.com
) will appear on the photo,with
clickable- link back to your blog.

I hope to get a reply from you soon.

Many thanks!

Rachelle (webpage team)